Saturday, February 06, 2016

Robin Sharma - Podcasts

Author Robin Sharma is well known for his book 'The Monk who sold his Ferrari' as well as numerous books on Leadership and generally getting the best out of life.

Recently I discovered his 'Mastery' series of podcasts and I was struck by how well a lot of the things he talks about related to music and practicing. 

All of them are well worth listening, and as I have done, worth making notes of some of the key points. He speaks very clearly and his thoughts are well organised so it is not a difficult exercise. 

Many of the things he talks about such as staying creative, getting through difficult times, being world class and generally mastering our chosen paths, all apply to the music field. 

This might not be for everyone. I myself took a while to warm to him. His self confidence can be a little overwhelming in the beginning, but I think there is a lot there to help musicians and artists to get the best out of what they do. 


Here is the link for Apple users. The Apple podcast player is probably one of the best around for organising and downloading. These can also be played on iTunes.

No comments: